POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Particle Fountain(~85K before upload) - particleFountain.jpg (1/1) : Re: Particle Fountain(~85K before upload) - particleFountain.jpg (1/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particle Fountain(~85K before upload) - particleFountain.jpg (1/1)
From: ryan constantine
Date: 29 Jun 2000 06:09:45
Message: <395B1FEF.125017A8@yahoo.com>
i was wondering if there are any developments that would allow the
following procedural texture (no image maps): the "negative" shadow left
on the wall, of a human, after a nuclear blast.  also, a mark on a
surface that is wide at the start and narrows in the direction of
"appearant travel".
  that second idea would allow for more realistic placement of things
like oil stains on an airplane, seagull poop on rocks, or other things
that splatter, or otherwise travel as they leave their mark.  of course
your particle system may allow for the actual stain item to travel
before it leaves the stain, but i'm looking for the stain itself.
another example would be rust running down from a nail on an outside
wall...